05 July 2005

i'm going to melbourne then brisbane...



In August, I'm off to Melbourne for the Overload Poetry Festival 2005. I went last year and had a riot spittin word at the scene, and to engage with the massive creative energy Melbourne has on offer. It's streets bleed the stuff into the walls and the bitumen. Steve Smart and his bold crew put on over a fortnight of events, workshops, debates, and superb readings and performances.

So, I've been asked to participate again. I can't wait. I'll be implementing a project called: TEAM X.

I will also have some new poetry zines for sale/swap/trade like. And a fresh CD of new poetry and audio stuff.

Following Overload, I'll catch the bus to Brisbane for the Queensland Poetry Festival 2005. I have been invited as a guest to perform, conduct workshops and engage with fellow poets. I've never been to Brisbane so looking forward to that. And also to catch up with some autonomous crew.

I leave on Friday August 12th.

In the meantime I'm working on the this:
the word is out! spring poetry month

No comments: